Managed Network Security
CTP is a Managed Technology Services company. We have customers ranging in size from less than 5 up to 200 employees. our services are tailored to the needs of each of our customers, and range from full network support of end-user devices, networking and servers to some portion of this – typically integrating with an internal IT person or team.
Cloud-based or Not
Many of our customers are, as we say, allergic to the cloud – and prefer to keep all information on-premises, perhaps replicated to off-site dedicated virtual machines for disaster recovery / availability purposes.
Others of our customers are cloud based, with no servers or network infrastructure on-premises. In fact, members of such a company can work equally well from a company office or connected to the Internet from any location.
Server-centric or Not
Some companies are server-centric, operating with dedicated servers, generally as virtual machines (cloud technology) hosted on-premises (private cloud) or in a shared public cloud.
Other companies rely entirely on hosted services: e-mail, file share, collaboration (perhaps via Microsoft Office 365), CRM, accounting, and applications specific to the particular business.
All of these companies have a common group of network security concerns:
- MFA – Multi-Factor Authentication, to protect against authentication with stolen credentials.
- Policy based management of end-point devices.
- Internet Web Security (IWS) with Data Loss Prevention (DLP), scanning all data transferred via web services.
- End-point protection – anti-virus, management of USB storage, DLP
- Data sharing, secure, within and outside the company.
- Monitoring and detection of intrusion
- Backup of all internal information.